September 13th, 2017
Getting cosmetic surgery is not a snap decision. Most of our patients have been doing research and seeking advice for months before they call us for a consultation. They’ve usually been thinking about it for much, much longer than that.
We understand that there are years of expectation and hope behind the decision for a cosmetic procedure, and we want to meet those every time. That’s why preparation for cosmetic surgery begins way before anyone puts on a blue gown.
The first step is clear communication
Patients often come in with a crystal-clear idea of what they want – but it’s vital that they explain this to the consultation team. The team, in turn, should explain exactly what they think would be a feasible result for the patient.
We’ve found the most effective way to foster this is for patients to view and try on a selection of implants, and note how they feel and look in relation to the rest of their body. Patients should get an idea of the difference between smooth and textured; round and tear-drop. The variety of sizes and shapes on offer may surprise you.
To better prepare you for the consultation, we recommend you ask your surgeon some key questions. Never worry that you’re asking for too many details – any professional should be happy to help you better understand a procedure. You shouldn’t go home with questions or uncertainties in your head.
Whether you decide to visit us in our Breast Suite or not, we hope these questions help you communicate what is the best route for you.
12 Questions to ask your surgeon before a breast augmentation
These are straight-forward questions to ask the surgical team, and you should expect clear answers to all of them.
- How many years of experience do you have with cosmetic surgery?
- What incision site is most appropriate for me?
- How often do you perform surgeries with this type of incision?
- What type of implant do you recommend for me, saline or silicone?
- What placement is most appropriate for me, under the muscle or over the muscle?
- What type of anaesthesia do you use, general or twilight?
- Where are the surgeries performed?
- Will I have a private room for recovery?
- What type of stitches will be used?
- What appointments are required before and after the procedure?
- Are all these appointments included in the overall price?
- What is the average recovery period for your patients?
Our Patient Advisors would be happy to give you more details call 01 201 4563, we look forward to welcoming you to The Avoca Clinic. All queries are treated with the utmost confidence and discretion.
You may be interested in our FAQ on breast augmentation; it was created to ensure potential patients have a clear idea of our offering and expertise.